CC License

Monday, April 29, 2024

Blog Post #4

 Blog Journal #4: 



For the ELA Technology Standards, I choose to look at the 2nd grade standards. One of the standards requires educators to add audio and visual aspects to educational resources in order to encourage and stimulate different forms of learning. Based on my current skill set, I would say that I would be confident to implement this standard. I feel as if because this is directed to younger students, the subject matter and standards are rather simple. 

CPALMS is a great website for finding materials that can be utilized in the classroom, along with information regarding educational standards. For my example, I choose a lesson idea that could be used for a second-grade science class. The lesson idea proposed resources for educating students on how to prepare for a flood, and the reasons why it's important to plan for natural disasters. I feel that these resources could be used to create an entire lesson plan or could be used as supplemental material alongside a developed lesson plan. 

Internet searching as a teacher can enable you to find resources in an efficient and timely manner. Knowing exactly what type of materials you are looking for as an educator can also enable you to search for an item specifically. Out of the internet searching skills we have currently looked at, I enjoyed the ability to look through open lesson plans. Outside of this course, I would often utilize the google advanced search setting in order to verify I was using materials that weren't copyrighted.  With current technological advancements, educators must know how to utilize searching recourses in order to find the best materials for their lesson plans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Journal #3

         Copyright & Technology             Implementation Issues When dealing with copyright issues as an educator, it's important ...