CC License

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Blog Journal 2

 

          Digital Natives and                 Educational Standards 





As a student, I've had a varying relationship with MS word. Starting out early in my educational career it was widely used, but then there was a sharp transition from MS Word to Google Docs. Although both programs are very similar, I found Google Docs to be a bit easier to navigate. Now that I'm in the collegiate-level education system, MS Word is the expected platform to use. Overall, I like MS Word the best as it is a bit more challenging to navigate and is something I must get comfortable with being it is utilized in many workspaces.

Looking through the list of ISTE Standards for Educators, I find that standard 2.5.a is the most important to me, especially if I was an educator. I feel as if there is not enough of a focus and dedication to ensuring a stable and equitable learning environment for all students. This could include students who are differently abled, or students that tend to struggle with traditional learning environments. This is an important standard to focus on as an educator since it supports to learning development of your students, and aid in the creation of an equitable environment. 

In its entirety, I mostly agree with the label of Digital Native regarding today's youth. Becoming literate with technology can be difficult, arguably as difficult as learning a new language. Because so many of today's youth have technology integrated into their everyday lives, they tend to navigate technological aspects easier than that of older generations. With this being the apparent cycle, I would expect future generations to be more knowledgeable with newer technological aspects as time goes on. 

Writer: Emma Stanfield
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Journal #3

         Copyright & Technology             Implementation Issues When dealing with copyright issues as an educator, it's important ...